Wedding FAQs for St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church
Congratulations! Once you are engaged, the first step is to contact the Pastor’s Office to make an appointment for your initial meeting. At this initial meeting, the couple’s freedom to marry will be determined. Following this meeting, the wedding date, type of ceremony and celebrant will be determined.
Weddings are held on Saturdays at 1:30pm and 6:30pm. Rehearsals are held on Fridays at 5:00pm and 6:00pm. Other days may be available based on the availability of the church and the mass schedule.
Basic fees for weddings are determined based on parishioner status. To qualify for the Active Registered Parishioner rate, you or your parents must be registered at St. Catherine’s and active in Time, Talent, and Treasure for at least six months prior to the reservation of the wedding date. The determination if one is an active parishioner is made at the point of scheduling the wedding date and is based upon regular attendance at Mass, participation in parish ministries, and financial contribution through regular use of parish envelopes, online giving, or check (on record at the parish). The basic fees cover the use of the Church, cleaning, wedding coordinator services, and other administrative costs. Additional fees may apply depending on needs with regard to musicians. If there is a real inability to pay fees, the pastor may waive or discount fees at his discretion.
- Active Registered Parishioners (meeting criteria listed above): $100 St. Joseph Chapel; $300 Main Church
- Non-Parishioners or Registered Parishioners who are not active: $300 St. Joseph Chapel; $1,000 Main Church
- A non-refundable 50% deposit is required when the Church or St. Joseph Chapel is reserved.
- The costs for organist and soloists are negotiated individually. If you are not using St. Catherine’s musicians, there will be a charge of $150 for the sound technician.
- There is no fee for the celebrant. It is customary, however, to offer the priest a stipend.
Once it has been determined that couples have met all requirements, they will meet with a member of St. Catherine’s Wedding Guild. There is no charge for the Wedding Guild; however, if you employ a Bridal Consultant, he or she is to be advised not to include any phase of the rehearsal or ceremony in the planning process.
Please contact the Pastor’s office at 678-385-9420 with questions or to make an appointment.